The Vapor is Gaastra’s full racing sail. It is a no compromise design that undergoes continuous development work throughout the year. As soon as the 2012 model was finished and put in production we continued designing new ideas and further evolving the concepts we started working on 2 years ago.
The latest 2012 model has proven itself on the race course with the best racers in the world. Ross Williams had several top 5 finishes and the Vapor continues to combine speed, rapid acceleration and ease of use into the build parameters. For 2013 we have further enhanced the acceleration as well as the top end. We have combined a new outline, altered batten configuration as well as luffcurve, utilizing our trademark racing cambers, SAS sleeve, C-Film, Radial panel layout, aerodynamic boom cutout closure to produce our greatest racing sail to date, one that we are very proud of.
The Vapor sails are the cleanest most advanced race sails built by Gaastra to date!
We choose winning! If your goal is the same the new Vapor will take you there!
- Use of C-Film // for better durability and performance
- Radial Panel Layout 2G: improved layout for perfect and locked in sail shape, smooth profile, twist control and durability
- ULTRA LIGHT mast protector // for shock-absorbtion and maximum weight reduction
- 3D mast head protector // for maximum shock-absorbing and minimal weight
- SAS (Shock Absorbing System) // with K105 material allows the rig to flex under high loads at high speeds
- LUFF SEAL A neoprene closure of the boom cutout // for advanced aerodynamics
- SUPER 7 Seven composite tube battens, 2 different diameters
- TRIPLE RCS Three race cambers, one small camber-smooth rotation, rock solid stability
- Dynamic twist pattern -// smooth behavior and blistering acceleration
- Wide multi material mast sleeve with SAS -// light and functional
- Drop tack with repositioned tension strap
- Dropped clew with 2 pulleys for individual tuning and quick hook up
- Professional Race Sail // no compromise racing equipment
- dropped clew -// shorter boom, imp