In order to be able to reduce the weight of the sails we developed a completely new range of laminate materials, with a much thinner film supported by a double structure of fibers – a balanced scrim of fibers orientated in the warp that fit within a classic X-Ply angled series of fibers. From its structure the name 2-Ply arose. We have created a complex woven web with the highest durability that is also very lightweight. Besides the proven X-Ply, we use this laminate in the upper sail body to achieve minimal swing weight and protection of critical areas.
- – Less weight: use of new 2-PLY laminate reduces the weight in the top area of the sail by more than 10%
- – Softer handling for better performance and comfort in gusts
- – Better strain value for perfect profile and shape in the long term
- – Better UV resistance due to a thinner film
- – Used in crucial sail areas for best response, maneuverability and minimal swing weigh